His research interests focus on interpersonal relationships in the workplace, toxic workplaces, leadership, improvisation/risk taking, change management and entrepreneurship.
Pedro Neves is an Assistant Professor at Nova SBE. He received his PhD from ISCTE-IUL and later went to the University of Delaware for a Post-Doc. He has published in several international journals, including the Journal of Applied Psychology, Group & Organization Management, Human Performance and The Leadership Quarterly. He also published/edited four books, including Sucesso e mudança nas organizações: Uma questão de confiança (RH Editora, 2011). He is the Principal Researcher of the project “Organizational improvisation and risk taking: Antecedents, consequences and moderating factors”, funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (PTDC/PSI-PSO/111606/2009).
He teaches Organizational Behavior, Persuasion and Negotiation and Entrepreneurship at Nova and collaborates with the Angola Business School (ABS).
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the International Association of Applied Psychology (IAAP) and won the Research Award (2009) from RH Magazine/Select-Vedior and the Outstanding Reviewer Award (2010) from the OB Division of the Academy of Management.
- Neves, Pedro and Robert Eisenberger (2014). "Risk Taking in Organizations: The Contribution of Perceived Organizational Support." Journal of Managerial Psychology, 29(2), 187-205.
- Neves, Pedro (2014). "Taking it out on survivors: Submissive employees, downsizing, and abusive supervision". Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 87(3), 507–534.
- Rego, Arménio; Dálcio Reis Júnior; Miguel Pina e Cunha; Gabriel Stallbaum and Pedro Neves (2014). "Store Creativity Mediating the Relationship between Affective Tone and Performance." Managing Service Quality, 24(1), 63-85.
- Cunha, Miguel Pina e; Rego, A., Clegg, Stewart, & Neves, Pedro (2013). The case for transcendent followership. Leadership, 9, 87-106.
- Neves, P. (2012). Organizational cynicism: Spillover effects on supervisor-subordinate relationships and performance. Leadership Quarterly, 23(5), 965-976.
- Neves, Pedro & Robert Eisenberger (2012). Management communication and employee performance: The contributions of perceived organizational support. Human Performance, 23, 965-976
- Cunha, Miguel Pina e; A. Rego; Stewart Clegg; Pedro Neves and P. Oliveira (2014). "Unpacking the Concept of Organizational Ingenuity: Learning from Scarcity," B. Honig, J. Lampel and I. Drori, Handbook of Organizational and Entrepreneurial Ingenuity. London: Edward Elgar, 34-56.
- Neves, Pedro (2014). "O Que É Uma Boa Investigação Quantitativa?," J. Gomes and F. Cesário, Investigação Em Gestão De Recursos Humanos: Um Guia De Boas Práticas. Lisboa: Editora Escolar, 167-78.