Created in 2012 by three alumni, the beNOVA Scholarship wants to support bright students who need financial assistance so that they can pursue their studies and achieve their full potential. For this, students may receive support in the tuition fee value and coverage of their transportation and food expenses, depending on each student’s situation.
The beNOVA Scholarships may also help with expenses associated with meals, transportation, or tuition fees, depending on the evaluation of each student’s situation, the cohort of applications received, and the program’s financial availability.
Since the beginning of the program in the 2012/2013 academic year, 147 students have been benefiting from the beNOVA Scholarship.
Alongside our generous partners, we hope to create more opportunities for all those seeking quality education.
The Tiago Pires Scholarship was created in memory of Tiago Castanheira Pires (Bachelor's in Economics, 2002) in 2016 for his outstanding personal and academic achievements, aiming to recognize bright and entrepreneurial minds. In partnership with the Mais Longe Foundation, Nova SBE created the beNOVA Mais Longe Scholarship. The Mais Longe Foundation is dedicated to promoting education and sharing democratic and humanitarian values, thus facilitating access to education, and creating a fairer society.
All students of Portuguese nationality or of Portuguese-speaking African countries and who are enrolled in one of Nova SBE’s Bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply.
To apply, candidates must submit the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of enrolment in one of Nova SBE’s Bachelor’s programs
- Personal ID (Citizen card or legally equivalent)
- Cover letter
- Proof of economic situation, such as the most recent household tax return and other relevant documents regarding the family’s financial situation
- Map of Credit Responsibilities (Mapa de Responsabilidades de Crédito - Banco de Portugal)
- Candidates with a Portuguese nationality must show proof of application to the DGES Scholarship
- Candidates from Portuguese-speaking African countries who received financial support from their government must show proof of the support received.
All candidates must state if they have applied for or are currently receiving financial support from other organizations.
- Y2 & Y3: August 14 – 27, 2023
- Y1: September 4 – 30, 2023