CEMS seeks students from diverse academic backgrounds who are academically successful and display a high standard of ethical conduct, who can draw upon cultural diversity with respect and empathy, and who are committed to showing professional responsibility and accountability concerning society as a whole. These characteristics are necessary to become a successful international manager. Previous professional experience, volunteer work, individual or team projects, and other relevant experiences are highly recommended, though not a requirement to apply.
Applications are open from November 15, 2023, to March 22, 2024. Early applications are recommended as CEMS works with a rolling admission process, with Assessments happening every month. In the last month, slots available are expected to be extremely limited.
- TOEFL iBT minimum score – 100
- IELTS Academic/Indicator minimum score – 7.0
- CPE minimum grade of C
- CAE minimum grade of B
- BEC Higher minimum grade of B
- Pearson test of English Academic (PTE) minimum score of 68
- Have a Bachelor's diploma entirely taught in English from an English-speaking country, or in a CEMS or an EQUIS/AACSB accredited institution – to be validated by the Admissions Team
* Candidates who do not have yet the exam result by the time of their application can still apply, providing proof of enrollment in these exams. A valid certificate must then be submitted on the last day of the application period for the CEMS MIM
- How will you contribute to the CEMS MIM program? (max. 1min)
- Describe a personal experience of success and what did you learn from it. (max. 2min)
- Describe a personal experience of failure and what did you learn from it. (max. 2min)
This video should feature the candidate on camera answering these topics, in English. Any information provided over the time limit will not be considered.
To submit the video, guaranteeing their privacy, candidates should upload their recording on YouTube, selecting the “unlisted” option. The YouTube link should then be sent on the application form.
Students apply to the CEMS MIM in the same application form as they apply to one of the 8 Master’s Programs at Nova SBE.
Phase 1) Application
Apply for one of Nova SBE’s Master’s programs and in the same form, apply to the CEMS MIM program (section “Study Abroad”). At this stage, you will need to submit the required documentation mentioned above.
Phase 2) Assessment
Candidates accepted into one of Nova SBE Master’s and whose application is pre-selected are invited to the Assessment Center online. The Assessment Center will consist of a short presentation and discussion to a jury of Nova SBE faculty and Corporate Partner representatives on a topic provided to the candidate during the process. Assessments are scheduled once a month between January and May, so early applications are recommended.
Phase 3) Decision
The decision is communicated shortly after the Assessment Center via email. If questions remain regarding the fit with the program, an additional interview might be requested.
Phase 4) Enrollment
Enrollment in the CEMS MIM program requires two steps: step 1: students must enroll in one of the 8 Nova SBE Master’s programs they have been selected to, by paying the respective enrollment fee. Step 2: students must enroll in the CEMS MIM program by paying a 1500€ fee (deductible from the total fee).
Campus de Carcavelos
Rua da Holanda, 1