Who are we?
The Nova Forum Group consists of NF association and its subsidiaries and operates under the brands Nova SBE Executive Education and Singularity University Portugal.
Personal data will be processed by NF, which has the mission of contributing to the development of executive education in Portugal.
For the purposes of the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data and, in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, 'GDPR'), Nova Forum - Instituto de Formação de Executivos da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, collective entity no. 504 000 837 with registered office at Rua da Holanda 1, 2775-405 Carcavelos - shall be the controller of the personal data it processes, following the expressions which are defined and used in the GDPR.
What personal data do we process?
In order to respect the principle of minimization, NF collects and processes personal data strictly necessary for the purposes of the processing.
Information about the hardware and software of the equipment used to access the website is automatically collected by NF. This information can include the IP, the type of browser used, date and time of accesses. This information is used by NF to operate the service, maintain quality of the service, and receive statistics about the use of its website.
Should you decide to request a brochure, your name and contact details will also be collected for such purposes.
What are the purposes of the processing of personal data?
The processing of the data identified above allows NF to:
- Disclose relevant information to the website users, namely, institutional information and information about its educational offer;
- Provide the contacts of NF representatives to allow direct contact between them and users who want to know more information about the training offer of NF;
- Make available the brochures about the training offer available at NF.
What is the condition of lawfulness?
Depending on the purpose of the particular processing, your data will be processed by NF because it is necessary:
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by NF or third parties, provided that a balance is struck between these interests and the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject (art. 6.1 f) of the GDPR).
- on the basis of the user's express consent, particularly with regard to navigation data and cookies (art. 6.1 a) of the GDPR).
How long do we keep personal data?
In order to ensure that personal data is only kept for as long as necessary, NF has set deadlines for the erasure or anonymization of the processed data.
In cases where it is not possible to predict the time limits for data erasure/anonymization, NF will periodically review the need to retain the data in question.
In certain cases, your data may be kept for longer periods, namely when required by law.
What security measures have been taken to protect personal data?
Information security and personal data protection are priorities for NF. For this reason, NF has implemented and maintains a set of technical and organizational measures that, taking into account the most advanced techniques, the costs of implementation, the nature, scope, context and purposes of each processing of personal data, allow to mitigate the risks to the personal data owner and prevent the occurrence of personal data breaches and security incidents in general.
Among others, the following measures stand out in particular:
- Making the necessary efforts to ensure that third parties collaborating with NF guarantee adequate protection of the personal data to which they have access;
- Limitation of access to personal data to specific persons, and only when their contact with such personal data is justified within the scope of their functions;
- Storage of all personal data processed by NF in servers that offer security guarantees, including access control and backups;
To whom do we share your data?
In the course of carrying out its mission, NF may need to share its users' personal data with other entities.
Any sharing or transfer of personal data will only be made to third parties who guarantee adequate protection of the personal data to which they have access or who act exclusively under the guidance of NF (subcontractors) and who comply with technical and organizational measures similar to those to which NF is bound.
Data transfers to countries outside the european union
In the normal operation of the NF website, there is no data share outside the European Economic Area, so the owner's personal data are not stored or accessed in states whose legal systems do not provide a degree of protection equivalent to that required by the GDPR.
What are the rights of the data owner?
Data owners may at any time exercize their rights, including requesting further information regarding the processing of their data, rectifying their data, as well as, within certain limits, erasing their data, withdrawing their consent or opposing the processing of their data, among others, by emailing email@example.com. They may also contact NF's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Data owners should be aware that in certain cases (e.g. due to legal requirements) their request may not be fulfilled. In any case, they will be informed of the measures taken in this regard within one month of the request being made.
Data owners also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which in Portugal is the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (National Commission for Data Protection) at https://www.cnpd.pt/.
- Page updated on August 03, 2022 -