The Leadership Chair of FundaÃ§Ã£o AmÃ©lia de Mello and Nova School of Business & Economics would like to invite you to attend this exclusive and ground-breaking event with the participation of Top Scholars and Corporate Executives explaining the topic of Paradoxes & Plurality.
The Leadership & Society Forum on Paradox & Plurality taking place the 23rd of May is a preliminary event which aim to involve researchers, academics, and faculty members from different universities and realities to define the state of Paradox research discussied by Linda Putnam , Luca Giustiniano and Jonathan Schad, global top researchers that aim to introduce Paradoxical and Plural perspectives in social sciences, and particularly in managerial studies.
Higher profits or social impact? Coherence or innovation? Digital or human work? Most leaders struggle to select the best out of contradictory options, while some change the world by choosing not to select. This calls for a different kind of sensitivity and approach to problem-solving, far more based on sensemaking, mindfulness, and stakeholder dialogue across different sectors of society.
The time has to provide them with tools to address contradictions as recurrent challenges and embrace the tensions with tolerance and creativity. This yearâs Leadership & Society Forum will address this challenge with an inclusive and interdisciplinary approach to research, focused on co-creating knowledge with business ecosystems and the society at large.
Confirm your presence here
11:00 â 12:30 Informal research presentation to Faculty and PhD Students: âThe state of Paradox researchâ (L.Putnam, L.Giustiniano & J.Schad)
@Nova SBE Campus â auditorium 102
12:30 â 14:00 Optional Lunch with researchers (limited first come first serve basis)
@Nova SBE Campus â Room Esgrima
Professor Miguel Pina e Cunha is inviting you!
- May 23rd: Pre-event dedicated to Academics, Researchers, Faculty members, and students interest in the research topic. Please find the full program here.
- May 24th: Public event with Keynote speakers, and Parallel working session with research paper presentation. Please find out more here.
- Linda Putnam (Department of Communication, UC Santa Barbara)
- Marianne Lewis (Dean and Professor of Management, Cass Business School)
- Wendy K. Smith (Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Alfred Lerner School of Business at University of Delaware)
- Luca Giustiniano (Full Professor of Organization Studies, LUISS University)
- Jonathan Schad (post-doctoral researcher at Cass Business School)
- 23rd of May - Nova SBE auditorium n.102
- 24th of May - Centro cultural de cascais, Cascais.