Given its international student and faculty profile it is more than natural that Nova SBE has been more and more active in its international placement, specially at the Masters and PhD level.
The most recent placement data available indicates that 30% of our Masters students have been placed abroad.
The figure rises to 45% if we also consider students in international careers that actually spend over 6 months per year working outside Portugal.
Some of the companies were graduates were placed outside Portugal include:
Amway | Bain & Company | Citigroup | Deutsche Telecom AG | EDP Energias do Brasil | Ernst & Young | Everis Consulting | Fidelity Worldwide Investment | Goldman Sachs | Google | Henkel | HSBC | JP Morgan | Jerónimo Martins | KPMG | Mars | Morgan Stanley | Nomura | Telefonica
PhD graduates of our program are fully qualified to compete for academic positions, both in Portugal and abroad. Among the recent placements of Nova SBE PhD graduates outside Portugal we have:
- Pedro Barroso - Lecturer in Exeter University, UK
- Vladimir Otrachshenko - Junior Researcher in Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM), Venice Italy.
- H. Doruk Iris - Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Jaime Luque - Wisconsin University (USA)
- João Mergulhão - Escola de Economia de São Paulo -FGV (Brazil)
- Paulo Maio - Hanken School of Economics (Finland)