Applied Econometrics, Environmental Valuation, Economics of Education, Time Series Analysis.
Nunes, Luís Catela
Luís Catela Nunes is a Professor of Applied Econometrics at Nova School of Business and Economics. He received his PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is currently the Deputy Dean of Nova SBE and the Head of its Research Unit.
His main research area is econometrics. He has worked on the econometrics of structural change. He has also been involved in several research projects related to the economic valuation of the environment. More recently, he has conducted research in the economics of education. The results of his applied and theoretical research projects have been published in prestigious international journals.
Luis Catela Nunes teaches Statistics and Econometrics at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Recently, he received the Best Professor Award at the Lisbon MBA Católica|Nova - part time class of 2012-2014. He also has a vast experience in conducting applied economic studies and consultancy for companies, banks, and government agencies.
- Sobreira, N., and Nunes, L.C. Forthcoming. “Tests for Multiple Breaks in the Trend with Stationary or Integrated Shocks”, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics.
- Freitas, P., Nunes, L.C., Reis, A.B., Seabra, C., and Ferro, A. Forthcoming. “Correcting for sampling problems in PISA and the improvement in Portuguese students' performance”, Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy & Practice.
- Freitas, M.L., Nunes, L.C., Neves, R.C., Salvado, S. Forthcoming. “Productive experience and specialization opportunities for Portugal: an empirical assessment”, Portuguese Economic Journal.
- Nunes, L.C., Reis, A.B., and Seabra, C. 2015. “The publication of school rankings: a step toward increased accountability?”, Economics of Education Review, vol. 49, pp. 15-23.
- Cunha-e-Sá, M.A., Nunes, L.C., and Otrachshenko, V. 2015. “Accounting for Response Biases in Latent Class Models for Choices and Attitudes”, Land Economics, vol. 91(3), pp. 586-603.
- Guimarães, M.H., Nunes,L.C., Madureira, L., Santos, J.L., Boski, TTomaz, and Dentinho, T. 2015. “Measuring birdwatchers preferences: A case for using online networks and mixed-mode surveys”, Tourism Management, vol. 46, pp. 102-113.
- Costa, A., Nunes, L.C., Spiecker, H., and Graça, J. 2015. “Insights into the Responsiveness of Cork Oak (Quercus suber L.) to Bark Harvesting”, Economic Botany, vol. 69(2), pp. 171-184.
- Guimarães, M.H., Madureira, L., Nunes, L.C., Santos, J.L., Sousa, C., Boski, T., and Dentinho, T. 2014. “Using Choice Modeling to estimate the effects of environmental improvements on local development: When the purpose modifies the tool”, Ecological Economics, vol. 108, pp. 79-90.
- Viegas, I., Nunes, L.C., Madureira, L., Santos, J.L., and Fontes, M.A. 2014. “Beef Credence Attributes: Implications of Substitution Effects on Consumers` WTP”, 2014, Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 65(3), pp. 600-615.
- Sobreira, N., Nunes, L.C., and Rodrigues, P.M.M. 2014. “Characterizing economic growth paths based on new structural change tests”, Economic Inquiry, vol. 52(2), pp. 845-861.